How do I transform a room? What is my creative process? Here’s a behind the scenes look at the steps I take to turn a home, room by room, into a house to sell.
To start, stand in doorway and ask ‘what am I seeing?’
Pick staging or focal point and decide the purpose of the room.
Make a plan for what needs to come in or stay out.
Accessories are divided into two piles: One to keep and the other to give up.
Then ask, ‘what furniture needs to be removed? What furniture stays?’
When the furniture is in the room, it’s arranged in a way that would answer my first question.
After I walk through these steps, I make any final adjustments and fine tune the details of the room.
Photo of room staged by Jo Dockins
Some of you may have been wondering, what is home staging? Why should I hire a professional stager to help sell my house? Does it really make a difference? Here are the top 10 benefits of home staging I found from I found from @AskAmyStaging that may answer some of your questions:
- Faster sales time – Reduce time on market
- Best sales price
- Professional image – Staged homes look better in print and internet advertising
- Great market differentiator
- Distinct marketing advantage over non-staged homes
- Attract a broader range of buyers – Staged homes are more appealing and are recognized as the best properties to see
- Buyers view staged homes as well cared for properties
- Building inspectors view staged homes as cared for properties
- Appraisers are more likely to appraise staged homes at full value
- Tax advantages – Staging may be tax deductible as a service done to specifically prepare your home for sale.
-“Top Ten Benefits of Home Staging” from AskAmyStaging.com. @AskAmyStaging
Contact Me to find out more about staging your home today!
This quick statement from Barb Schwarz explains what happens the moment you decide to market your house and the roll a homestager plays in the process:
You have already decided to sell your home, so now your home has become a house. Once your house has been staged, it now becomes a product that is competing with other products. By staging your house, you are packaging it so that it attracts potential buyers to choose your house and not the competition.